1. Shomen-uchi – A simple downward vertical cut, sliding right foot only.
2. Shomen-uchi-komi – Step back into jōdan-no-kamae, then a downward vertical cut, stepping forward.
3. Waki-gamae – Step back into waki-gamae, then a downward vertical cut, stepping forward.
4. Renzoku Shomen Uchi Komi – Step forward with shomen-uchi, right and left; repeat.
5. Renzoku Nagare Shomen Uchi Komi – Shomen-uchi cuts to the right and left of the body whilst step forward; repeat.
6. Shomen Uchi Tsuki (Migi/Hidari) – Shomen-uchi and tsuki; repeat.
7. Migi Shomen Uchi Hidari Tsuki – Shomen uchi on right, tsuki to the left; repeat.